A long-term residence permit shall be issued by the governorates, upon approval of the Ministry, to foreigners that have continuously resided in Turkey for at least 8 years on a permit or, foreigners that meet the conditions set out by the Migration Policies Board.
Conditions for a long-term residence permit:
- having continues residence in Turkey for at least 8 years
- not having received social assistance in the past 3 years
- having sufficient and stable income to maintain themselves or, if any, support their family
- to be covered with a valid medical insurance
- not to be posing a public order or public security threat
The long term residence permit will not provide those rights;
- compulsory military service
- the right of vote and be elected
- entering public service
Except for those 3 issues and a few other topics, Long-term residence permit provides all of the benefits of being a Turkish Citizenship.