Short-term residence permit provides maximum of 2 years to stay in Turkey.
The period of the short-term residence permit is regulated by Turkish Ministry of Interior according to reason of stay and documentation.
A short-term residence permit may be granted to those foreigners listed below who:
- Arrives to conduct scientific research
- Landowners, owners of immovable property in Turkey
- Establishes business or commercial connections
- Participates in on-the-job training programs or interns
- Arrives to attend educational or similar programs as part of student exchange programs or agreements to which the Republic of Turkey is a party to
- Wants to stay in Turkey as a tourist
- Intends to receive medical treatment
- Transfers from a family residence permit
- Attends a Turkish language course (limited by few times)
- Attends an education program, research or a course which is related with a public agency
- Makes an investment within the scope and amount which has determined by the Council of Ministers