Bigist Invest


A family residence permit for a maximum duration of 3 years at a time



foreign spouse

foreign children or foreign minor children of their spouse

dependent foreign children or dependent foreign children of their spouse; of Turkish citizens, persons within the scope of related Law or, foreigners holding one of the residence permits

In cases of a polygamous marriage pursuant to the regulation in the foreigner’s country of citizenship, only one of the spouses shall be issued a family residence permit. However, a family residence permit may be granted to the foreigner’s children from other spouses.

For family residence permits issued to children, if any, the consent of the mother or the father who lives abroad and who shares custody shall be sought.

Family residence permits shall entitle the holder right of education in primary and secondary educational institutions until the age of 18, without obtaining a student residence permit.

Any person reaching the age of 18 who has immediately before resided in Turkey for a minimum of three years on a family residence permit may upon application transfer to a short-term residence permit.

In the event of divorce, a short-term residence permit may be issued to a foreign spouse of a Turkish citizen, provided that he or she resided on a family residence permit for at least three years.

In the event of the death of the sponsor, a short-term residence permit may be issued without any (minimum residing) time condition attached to those who have resided on a family residence permit in connection with the sponsor.